Cyber-crimes and Michigan Businesses Seminar Slides
If you missed our seminar featuring guest speaker United States Secret Service Special Agent Jordan Johnston, or if you attended and want to view the slides, you've arrived at the right place. Just complete the form to access the slides.
Cyber criminals don't just target the large corporations. In fact, businesses under $1B tend to be targeted MORE because they are perceived to have weaker defenses. Read the slides from our seminar to learn what can be done to protect your organization.
The statistics are frightening:
- USSS received 298,728 cyber crime and fraud complaints in 2016
- Reported losses in excess of $1.4B
- #1 cause of loss - Business Email Compromise
- Business Email Compromise (BEC) global exposure from 2013 - 2016
- Over $5B (reported) losses - $5,302,890,449
- Number of victims - 40,203
- The math - $131,902 per victim
- BEC from January 2016 - June 2017
- $222.9M attempted
- $74.8M returned / frozen (34%)
- $148M unrecovered (66%)
Business Email Compromise is just one of the many ways criminals are preying on organizations.
CloudSAFE thanks Mimecast for their support of this event.